'account' means your credit card account.
'Security Details' means the identifying words, codes and numbers agreed between you and us that are used in the security procedure.
'Service' means MINT Mobile when accessed using a mobile telephone.
'we', 'us', 'our' means MINT, a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
'you', 'your' means the customer who has an account with us on which the Service is available.
- You must keep your Security Details secret.
- You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your Security Details.
- You should not record your Security Details in any way which may result in them becoming known to another person.
- If you suspect someone knows your Security Details you must contact us immediately. If you fail to do so, you will be liable for any unauthorised transactions on your account confirmed by use of the Security Details.
- You will be responsible for all instructions received by us between the time you pass the security procedure until you exit from the Service. Please note that this includes any input errors or instructions sent by someone other than yourself.
- Calls may be recorded.
MINT Mobile [the Service]
- If you request and use the Service you accept:
- that the email and text messages may contain information about you and your account which is confidential and they are sent entirely at your own risk;
- that we have no liability for any email or text message sent by a third party which appears to have been sent by us;
- that once the email or text message has been sent we cannot be held responsible if, for any reason, it fails to arrive at the designated email address or mobile phone number which you have provided to us, or if it arrives incomplete or in any way different from the message we sent or if the message is seen by an unauthorised person;
- that it is your responsibility to choose who to use as your email or mobile phone service provider (your email or mobile phone must be capable of receiving our email or text messages);
- that you are responsible for the security of your email and mobile phone.
- While we will take all reasonable steps to deliver any text message to you during business hours, there are instances where this may not be possible.
- You authorise us to accept and act on your instructions and to pay from your account the amounts involved when a transaction using the Service has been authenticated by the use of the security procedure we require you to follow.
- We reserve the right to charge you and you agree to pay the charges for the Service or any part of it. Details of new charges and changes to charges will be notified to you in writing, or by a text message or email, at least one month before they take effect and will also be available on the MINT website.
Availability of the Service
- While we will make reasonable efforts to provide the Service, we will not be liable for any failure to provide the Service, in part or full, for any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This includes, in particular, any suspension of the Service resulting from maintenance and upgrades to our systems or those of any party used to provide the Service.
Variation/Termination of the Service
- We may, where we consider it appropriate for your or our protection, suspend, withdraw or restrict the use of the Service or any part of the Service. We will tell you as soon as practicable if we take such action. We may also end the Service or any part of the Service at any time by giving you reasonable notice.
- You may end your subscription to this Service by notifying us. The notification will not be effective until we receive it.
Privacy and Personal Data
- By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, you are consenting to us collecting and storing certain personal data about you. This data will be used to provide the service applied for and may be stored by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc to keep you informed of products and services which may be of interest to you. This data will not be used other than in the normal course of our business. If you do not wish to receive such information, all you need to do is write to let us know. If you wish to receive details of personal data held about you by us, you may write to request this - there is a fee for this service.
- Your information
Who we are
- Your account is with MINT, a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- We are a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (the Group). For information about our Group of companies please visit www.rbs.com and click on 'About Us', or for similar enquiries please telephone 0131 556 8555 or Textphone 0845 900 5960.
Your electronic information
- If you contact us electronically, we may collect your electronic identifier, (e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) address or telephone number) supplied by your service provider.
How we use your information and who we share it with
- We may use and share your information with other members of the Group to help us and them:
- assess financial and insurance risks;
- recover debt;
- develop customer relationships, services and systems;
- prevent and detect crime;
Your information includes information about your transactions.
- We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Group except:
- where we have your permission; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- to other companies who provide a service to us or you; or
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
- From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we shall write to you. If you do not object to the change within 60 days, you consent to that change.
- If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, MINT, Credit Card Operations, PO Box 5747, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 9AJ. A fee may be payable.
Credit Reference Agencies
We may obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and Group records to check your credit status and identity. The agencies will record our enquiries which may be seen by other companies who make their own credit enquiries. We may use credit scoring.
Your information may be linked to, and your application assessed using credit reference agency records relating to anyone with whom you have a joint account or similar financial association.
Fraud Prevention Agencies
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
We may also obtain information about you from fraud prevention agencies.
For details of how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used, please refer to the terms and conditions for the account under the heading “Fraud prevention agencies”.