Terms and Conditions of Use for MINT Web Site
This web site is owned and maintained by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc under the business name of MINT. The use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully. By using this web site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this web site.
Use of web site
1. The information, services and products on this web site are intended for use by residents of the UK only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
2. This web site is designed to be accessed through its principal product home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to a full understanding of our products and services. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal Information ". This Legal Information will contain important product details and relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of liability
3. These 'Exclusion of liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this web site. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
4. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the web site:
4.1 we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the web site or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the web site or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this web site from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws;
4.2 we accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this web site (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this web site or if the web site is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, incidental, consequential loss or damage,
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this web site and these terms and conditions; and
4.3 access to and use of this web site is at the user's own risk. We do not warrant that the use of this web site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this web site by unauthorised third parties.
5. To provide increased value to users of this web site, we may provide links to other web sites or resources (that are not part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked web site we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such web sites, (ii) the content of such web sites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such web sites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these web sites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external web sites or resources.
6. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
7. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this web site without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
8. This web site contains trade marks belonging to The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc and its subsidiaries. The unregistered trade marks include graphics, logos, words, phrases and icons contained on this web site. No rights are granted in respect of any of the above trade marks. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc or one of its subsidiaries, please contact us for clarification at the address below.
9. The contents of this web site do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this web site shall be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
10. MINT is a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc registered in Scotland No 83026. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
11. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc subscribes to the Lending Code. The Code can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk
12. If you are not satisfied with any of The Royal Bank of Scotland's products or services we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters. For more information about this procedure and ways to contact us, click here.
The Bank is a member of The Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are still not satisfied after following the Bank's procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint.
You can find out more about The Financial Ombudsman Service in a leaflet available from any branch or by telephoning the Bank. Alternatively you can write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800.
13. The terms and conditions of use of this web site are governed by the laws of Scotland and any dispute regarding this web site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Changes to web site
14. The contents of this web site, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification.
15. We may record telephone calls for security or training purposes.
16. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to; viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content which is unauthorised as being in breach of the Group Dignity at Work and Information Security policies.
17. MINT is a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc registered in Scotland No. 83026.
Registered Office: 36 St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB